Sounds good, right? That's what I thought! So I looked up the PackIt online. On the PackIt website they are offering a BOGO offer. Buy one, get one free, plus a couple of extras (their freebie offer of some storage containers). But for this offer, you are limited to color choices. The colors that my boys wanted were not offered, so I went to Amazon where we found a wider selection of colors and patterns.
First off, I ordered the PackIts on a Saturday, and they arrived on the next Monday. How is that for fast shipping? I was surprised. And the boys were excited to use their new PackIts for school the next day.
We packed sandwiches, grapes, baby carrots, juice boxes, and applesauce cups.
Click on image above to go to amazon for this print!
1. They were both in agreement that their food stayed really cold, colder than with their usual lunch packs.
2. The PackIt lunch packs are heavier than normal, but that's because of the built-in ice pack system that it uses (so the boys didn't mind the extra heaviness). I thought for sure my younger boy was going to complain, but he didn't! So with this built-in cooling system, we CAN actually save money as the maker suggests, because we can pack some of their favorite foods (like yogurt) and know that it will still be cold when it's lunch time.
3. The PackIts are also larger than their old lunch packs, so we can pack much more in them without squishing things, which is nice. Although, it does make it a little harder to put into their backpacks.
4. As for the "up to 10 hours" claim...We're not sure, because the school day isn't that long! But these lunch packs work great for the time frame that we need them for. When they get home from school, I can still feel the walls of the pack a little chilly, so I know it can last a little bit longer. For now, though, we know for a fact that it does last at least 7 hours (and I think that's great).
5. They both loved the print patterns that they chose, so that's a plus for Amazon.com for having a great selection to choose from on their website.
6. PRICE - An awesome reader (Debbi from YankeeBurrowCreations) reminded me that I did not mention pricing. Silly me! The price for the PackIt is right around $20. It may seem a bit high at first, but I compare it to the lunch packs that we've previously bought. We've bought reusable insulated packs for as much as $14.99 (and used ice packs). We haven't bought lunch packs since my older boy was in Kindergarten, so the PackIts were a good fit for us at the right time. I do also want to mention that sometimes on Amazon, you might find a deal as the prices fluctuate. One of the packs I saw last night was on sale for about $14.
Now, hubby and daughter want PackIts of their own! So our family gives this product an A++ rating for sure! =0) We now understand why this product won a Mom's Choice Award!
Click image above to go to amazon for this print!
Click image above to go to amazon for this print/size!