Today's Friday Feature is...
Rachel is the artist - and a wonderful one at that. She has a great attitude and lovely art pieces that you have to go and see for yourself!
What will you find in this lovely Etsy shop?
You will find original abstract modern artwork and fine art prints;
palette knife impasto paintings on gallery wrapped canvas. Trees,
flowers, birds, animals, landscapes... and custom artwork commissions
are always welcome!
Plus, the shop donates at least 10% of the purchase price from every painting sold.
The money will be given to organizations such as World Wildlife Fund and
Save Tigers Now. How cool is that?
I was curious to know the answer to the next question: How did your shop get its name? This was the answer (and I love it):
You know when you're looking up the weather, and they say it will be 'partly sunny' or
'partly cloudy'? I've always thought that funny -- because if it is partly sunny, then it must also be partly cloudy (and vice versa), right? So it seems a matter of 'is the glass half empty or half full?' and partly sunny = half full = good; so Partly Sunny Studio won the name game! :)
I asked Rachel if she has a favorite color that she likes to use in her art and why. This was her reply:
Blue! I use way too much blue. I'm not really sure why... Lately, though, I've been trying very hard to broaden my horizon and use other colors more often!
Rachel is offering a Set of 6 Watercolor Note Cards to one lucky 2justByou Blog reader! It's easy to enter, just read below:
Please leave a separate comment for each entry and include your email in at least the first entry (in case you are the winner). Giveaway ends on 12/8/12 at midnight, Pacific Standard Time and is open worldwide. Winner will be drawn by random.org, announced here on the blog, and winner will be notified by email and have at least 48 hours to claim prize. Good luck!!!
1. Follow Rachel's blog @ http://www.partlysunnystudio.com/
Leave her a comment letting her know you're following and your username.
2. Add Partly Sunny Studio to your Etsy favorites! Leave a comment here telling you did so and include your Etsy username, please.
3. Follow 2justByou Blog. Leave a comment here telling how you follow (GFC, bloglovin, or networkedblogs) and your username.
4. Be a fan of 2justByou Blog on facebook. Leave your username in your entry comment.
5. Pin this giveaway! Please leave the link to your pin in your entry comment.
6. Share this giveaway with your Google+ and leave the link in your entry comment.