One of the first things that we usually do when the summer weather starts to hit us...Make smoothies!!! Smoothies are always a great and refreshing way to start the day, or to enjoy as a way to cool off in the hot afternoons. Breakfast is not always an easy thing when you have busy mornings and fun-filled days planned, though. Sometimes making smoothies takes more time than I have. When I discovered multivitamin shakes, I thought they might be a good thing for those super-busy mornings.
You can enjoy total organic yumminess of whole foods in the form of a multivitamin shake with Activz Complete.
Yep, I was impressed. I had never heard of the Activz company before, but I had heard somewhere in the news that celebrity Montel Williams partnered with this brand in early summer of this year. So when I was offered the chance to try the product and give a review, I jumped! I knew exactly what I wanted to try...
Activz offers preservative-free real fruit and vegetable powders and whole-food supplements. You can use these whole food powders in your every day cooking, making it SO easy to eat SO healthy! Your kids can get an entire serving of kale and not even know it. Pretty awesome, right? I think so!
For the product review, I opted to go with the multivitamin shake, so I didn't get to try any of the crazy-good recipes that are offered on their website. Although, I really do want to try way more of their products now that I found all those delicious-looking recipes. They offer so many organic vegetable powders that I KNOW I could use in so many recipes (and help get my kids to eat kale!). It would be great to just add a scoop to some spaghetti sauce and have the kiddos eat it without a clue. There's even carrot and beet juice powders. I could SO add those to morning smoothies for the whole family, and I know they would love it! Check out all the awesome recipes HERE.
* NO artificial ingredients. NO added colors or flavors, and NO preservatives!
* It's super easy. You mix two scoops with 12 fluid ounces of water, and you're set to go. Great breakfast shake for the kids on their way to school and out the door.
* Berries & Cream flavor. Enough said.
* It provides balanced nutrition from nine servings of organic fruits & veggies.
* It includes probiotics, which support a healthy digestive system.
* It comes in a big container that includes 15 full servings (and you can easily use only one scoop instead of two).
* It's easy for on-the-go. I can put two scoops in a tiny tupperware and take it with me anywhere, then just mix it with water when I'm ready for a shake.
* It's a great drink for after workouts!
The only con I can think of is that sometimes the full two scoops is overpowering as far as taste goes. It's a strong berry flavor that might be too much for some. I know for my kids, I put it in the blender with some yogurt and ice to make it more smoothie-like. I also added a banana, to offset the berry-ness a little bit. =0) But overall, this isn't really a con at all!
Some information from Activz that I found really interesting:
* Activz uses a patented dehydration process that locks in the full nutrition, color and flavor of the original produce for years. This process dries freshly harvest fruits and vegetables using gentle wavelengths of natural light. It targets water molecules only, leaving heat-sensitive phytonutrient compounds intact.
* All powders are derived from primarily organic fruit, vegetables and grasses grown in nutrient-rich soil and are all pesticide-free.
* Activz powders are better than freeze-dried powders. In a 2011 study, Activz Strawberry Powder showed no significant loss of vitamin C, whereas freeze-dried lost 12%!
* Consider these powders even better than FRESH, because (this is my favorite):
---> Powder offers the fruit/veggies at peak nutrition: Produce is harvest when ripe and immediately transformed into powder. (Grocery store produce is typically harvested a little early to prevent spoilage.)
---> Eliminates the prep step: No washing, peeling, slicing, etc. You can quickly and easily add to any dish to increase its nutrient value.
---> Prevents food waste: Fresh produce only lasts days, Activz powdesr keeps full potency for years!
Learn more about Activz & connect here:
Activz wants YOU to try their organic whole food powders so you can see what I'm raving about in this review!
You can win Activz Complete multivitamin shake, a $45 value (or something of equal or lesser value). Simply enter with the Rafflecopter form below, and good luck!
Giveaway is open to US residents and ends on Nov. 22nd, 11:59 PM, EST.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Have you ever tried a multivitamin shake? What are your thoughts on shakes for breakfast or snack?
Disclosure: We were given complimentary product(s) for the purposes of conducting an honest review. We were not compensated by monetary means. All opinions are 100% my own. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) 10 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Tweet to @2justByou